Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Driverrotronic 12.02.1086

Culloden Clansman Highlander

I realized, after many years of purchase, this is included as product in 54 mm Art Girona, which plays a Highlander Clansman, picture, gun in hand, engaged in a gun battle at Culloden in 1746.
I first clean the piece from burrs and mold lines, but not obvious, after a careful study of the positions, I assembled the pieces that were agreed together before painting, or the head, torso, arms (excluding hands ) and right leg. After this, I made a coat of primer on all parts, assembled or not, with gray spray rust, easily found in paint and hardware at affordable prices.
The first phase was devoted to the incarnate painting, face included, made with oil paints on a stretched acrylic Valley (50% meat average 955, maroon 982 25% and 25% meat golden 845). Having sketched light and shadow and his eyes have achieved with oils I played the hue of the base and I have slightly stretched out on the face, then I brightened with flesh and shaded with sienna and burnt sienna. I shaded and light and shadows in the cheeks with paint warranty (a red "dark red") that helped me to make more vivid the face. This phase was carried out in three phases: after an initial profiling of light and shadow, I put the piece in a small electric oven for drying oils and make them less shiny; stages repeated twice more until you reach the desired effect. Same goes for the legs and hands.
The rest of the figurine was painted with acrylics valley, made more opaque with the help of Tamiya X21 united at the base, starting with the green jacket: a base composed of 975 + olive green military uniform 967 + English 921, I realized the lights by adding meat Mate 955 and olive green at the base, with black shadows also added to the base. The shirt
red was made with base made of 957 red + army green (in small quantities). Lights: 947 + base + vermilion red scarlatto817. Shadows: Basic + black.

I painted leathers with compounds similar to each other, but diversifying the proportions of the colors. In principle, the mixture is uniform tan 814 + English + black. The base was illuminated with a uniform English medium and dark meat and white.
then I went to the decoration of belonging to the clan tartan Maclennan and inspired by an illustration of the book "The Clans of the Scottish Highlands" R. McIan. It was not easy but I was generally satisfied with the result. I first dipindo a light green base (similar to that of the uniform jacket with a greater amount of English) and I made light and shade, respectively, 917 and beige with green added to the military base. With a darker tone of the basic and diluted, I realizate green crosses, outlined with black diluted. I then painted the yellow lines and finally the red. Completed the tartan, I switched to socks: the base is made up of 957 red, brightened with vermilion and dark khaki. The green rows are painted with a mixture diluted in water, composed of army green + olive + red, cloudy, if necessary, with olive green with black eprofilata diluted.
I will not dwell on the description of the base, just a hint on the bush. To make it as realistic as possible I used a cluster of grass of the marine environment, to be found among the materials used in the dioramas.
Once positioned properly, the grass was painted green and fill in the ends with the beige.


Finally banbiera created with a sheet of Milliput. I wanted to represent the Scottish flag in its most traditional version, which is blue with a lighter tone than at present. The colors are based on USED FOR: Prussian blue 899 + 809 + Royal Blue Teal 966. The lights are made based chiaro905 blue + gray shadows while I used the base as Prussian blue, plus black, very diliuto. BIAC and the cross made with a base 884 gray stone gradually lightened with white and brown cubierta 986
pergamino820. The top lights are pure white and the shadows in gray stone + black (diluted).

Maurizio "mao" Di Matteo
Modelers Society Valdemone

References:
• Osprey - Elite n ° 149 - The Scottish Jacobite Army 1745-1746
• Osprey - Warrior No. 021 - Highland Clansman 1689-1746
• "The Clans of the Scottish Highlands" by R. McIan

0 comments:

Post a Comment